Delete mails off server (Outlook)
Posted by SITEWORKS SYS on 18 November 2005 08:56 PM
- Open OUTLOOK
- From the Tools menu select E-mail Accounts.
- Select the radiobutton next to View or change e-mail account and click Next.
- Next select More Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Advanced tab. Make the following changes:
- The box to the left of Leave mail on server should be unchecked.
- Both Remove from Server boxes should be checked.
- Click OK to exit this window back to the E-mail Accounts window. In this window click Next -> to finish setup.
FOR OUTLOOK EXPRESS:
On the Outlook Express Tools menu, click Accounts.
Click the Mail tab, and then double-click your e-mail account.
Click the Advanced tab.
Uncheck the box labeled "Leave a copy of messages on server." Doing this activates two clean-up options:
Check the box to "Remove from server after 5 days." Choose between 1 - 3 days.
Check the box to "Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items."